Zithromax, a brand name for azithromycin, is an antibiotic used in the treatment of a wide range of infections caused by bacteria.
Here’s a list of Zithromax prices:
In 1980, a team of researchers at Pliva—Gabrijela Kobrehel, Zrinka Tamburašev, and Gorjana Radobolja-Lazarevski discovered azithromycin with its patent approved in 1981. By 1986, Pfizer and Pliva entered into a licensing agreement wherein Pfizer gained exclusive right for its sale in the United States and Western Europe. In 1991, Zithromax was launched.
Zithromax is an effective antibiotic for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections including:
- Middle ear infections (i.e., acute otitis media)
- Community-acquired Pneumonia
- Strep throat, tonsillitis, or pharyngitis
- Traveler’s diarrhea
- Intestinal infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea (i.e., usually in combination with ceftriaxone) and chlamydia
- Malaria, as an adjunct medication
- Acute bacterial infections related to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Acute bacterial sinusitis due
- Urethritis and cervicitis
- Genital ulcer disease in men
The drug works by decreasing protein production, thus, preventing bacterial growth.
The dose and duration of treatment using Zithromax differs depending on the type of infection and the condition of the patient. Following the recommended dosage is, thus, of crucial importance to get the desired results. Just continue taking the drug even when you feel better, too, so as to ensure that the infection actually clears.
The common side effects of Zithromax use include upset stomach, diarrhea, and nausea or vomiting.
Be sure to shake the suspension well before measuring a dose and to use a measuring cup or spoon. Store the medicine at room temperature.