Target Optical is a company that offers optical services in Target stores across America. It was founded in 1995 by the Cole National Group in Cleveland, Ohio. The group was bought by Luxottica S.p.A. in 2004, including other Cole National properties, such as Pearl Vision. Luxottica merged the operations of Coles into the company’s North American Retail Group, causing Cole’s structure to dissolve. The headquarters of Target Optical is located in Mason, Ohio, the same location of the North American Retail Group’s headquarters.
Below are the latest Target eye exam prices:
Prices may vary by location
|Routine Eye Exam||$70.00 and up|
|Routine Eye Exam + Contact Lens Fitting||$125.00 and up|
|Additional Field Vision Test||$25.00|
To Find A Target Near You
The Cole National Corporation (CNC) was an optical retailer in the Carribbean, Canada, and the United States, operating in nearly 3,000 locations. During its time, the company went into specialty retail venues, including watchbands, shoe repair, cookie baking, and children’s toys, among many others. The role of optical retail became significant in the company’s growth strategy when it acquired Pearle Inc. in 1996. This deal made them the second-biggest optical retailer in America.
The company incorporated the retail centers of Pearle Vision into their Licensed Brands unit, which, at that time, was operating BJ’s Optical Stores, Sears Optical, and Target Optical. Cole Licensed Brands and Pearle Vision had a wide disparity in terms of business models because the kinds of customers they catered to are different. While CNC’s outlets were dedicated to consumers who are moderate income earners, Pearle usually serviced the upscale clientele. Due to increase in competition and the cost of the acquisition, the company’s profits were stalled.
Even though they were facing threats from corrective laser eye surgeries and a sluggish economy, they were still a prime target for larger corporations who were looking to expand their business. CNC still held a profitable operation back then. They were the leading provider of optical services and products when they were acquired by Luxottica S.p.A. Another group that wanted to acquire them was Hong Kong’s Moulin International Holdings Ltd.
Target Optical offers popular eyewear brands. They have frames for men, women, and children. If you check their website, you can choose based on the type (progressive, multifocal, etc.), your face shape, frame shape, fit, collection, color, material, and special offers. These are the brands you can find in their outlets:
- Contact lenses – Acuvue, Air Optix, Biofinity, Dailies, PureVision2, Avaira, and Proclear.
- Optical – AndrewAndrew, Armani Exchange, Coach, Converse, DKNY, Merona, Mossimo, Mossimo Supply Co., Pau Frank, Ray-Ban, Twill and Tweed, Vogue, Xhilaration
- Sun glasses – Armani Exchange, Bolle, Coach, DKNY, Maui Jim, Ray-Ban, Spy
- Kids’ – Disney, Mossimo, Ray-Ban
- Eye exam cost – You can get an exam through an independent doctor, and you can find his or her office at Target optical. The cost will be determined by the following: 1) if the exam includes tests, and 2) whether if you will have a fitting of contact lenses or other services related to contact lenses.
- Arrival of glasses – The standard free shipping duration for prescription glasses is 10 business days, and 5 business days for non-prescription sunglasses. If you will need the glasses sooner, they can ship it to you the following day after it is made, but with a fee of $12.99. Note that it takes 7 days to process a prescription glass, and 2 days to process a non-prescription glass.
- Getting a prescription – If you have a personal eye care provider, you may request a written valid prescription from them. They highly recommend for you to request for your PD or pupillary distance. If you will require a new exam, let Target Optical assist you by calling them using this number: 1-877-848-8476.
- Insurance coverage – The coverage will depend on the on the plan that was set up by your company, based on you Eyemed Vision Care or other insurance provider.
- Worry-free Protection Plan – The plan, which costs $30, will allow you to get a replacement for damaged lenses or frame for a $25 copay. Its term starts at day 91 from the purchase’s original date, and will be effective for one year. Please note the following: this is not valid in California, does not cover stolen or lost eyewear, and you will be required to return the damaged product.
Target Eye Exam Cost & Location
It is easy to get your eye checked. Go to www.targetoptical.com and click eye exams* on the upper right hand corner. In the ‘find a location’ field, enter your zip code or city or state. You will be directed to a page with the office list (with address and contact information) on the left, and a map on the right. Click the red ‘schedule an eye exam’ button of the shop nearest you. Choose the date and the time you want it scheduled, and provide other information, such as your name, birth date, and contact details, among others.
For more information about Target eye exam, visit their official website.