Lexapro or better known for its generic name, which is escitalopram, is a drug that is used to treat depression. It is an antidepressant drug that belongs to the classification of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRI’s. it is also used to treat severe to mild cases of anxiety in adults and is also used to treat severe depressive disorders in adolescents who are aged at 12 and adults.
Here’s a list of Lexapro prices:
Lexapro was first developed between Lunbeck and Forest Laboratories. They worked in close cooperation. In the summer of 1997, the development of the drug was initiated and the resulting new application for drugs was submitted to the FDA in March 2001.
As mentioned, Lexapro is a drug that is used to treat severe depression disorder found in young adults and adults, and generalized anxiety disorder in adults. It treats a number of anxiety disorder as well not just general but also social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and agoraphobia.
Aside from curing anxiety and depression, it is also quite effective for treating premenstrual syndrome whether you are taking it through the luteal phase or continuously.
Warnings and precautions
The side effects that can be present in Lexapro includes:
- Drowsiness, or the feeling of being too tired.
- Vision changes.
- Sleep problems like insomnia.
- Mild nausea, heartburn, gas, constipation, and an upset stomach.
- Decreased sex drive, difficulty in having an orgasm, and impotence.
- Increased sweating.
- Weight changes.
Make sure to contact your doctor if you start to experience these symptoms of side effects:
- Tunnel vision, eye pain, swelling, blurred vision.
- Racing thoughts feelings of extreme happiness or sadness, unusual risk taking behavior.
- High levels of serotonin in the body, hallucinations, agitation, fast heart rate, fever.
Nausea, vomiting diarrhea, loss of coordination, and fainting.