LensCrafters is a retailer of prescription sunglasses and prescription eyewear. They have outlets in many countries around the world. In the United States, they are considered the largest optical retailer in the country; in California, for example, they already have 90 stores. The company believes that vision care is a lot more than a prescription or a pair of eyewear. People see the world through their eyes, they capture events and keep them in memories, making moments last a lifetime. The company believes that vision is a wonderful gift that they want to protect and improve.
The following LensCrafters eye exam prices are estimates only.
Prices may vary by location
|Routine Eye Exam (Starting Price)||$73.00|
|Routine Eye Exam + Contact Lens Fitting (Starting Price)||$113.00|
|Retinol Photo (Starting Price)||$40.00|
|Visual Field Testing (Starting Price)||$20.00|
LensCrafters was founded in the United States in 1983 by E. Dean Butler, a P&G manager. In 1985, he sold the business to United States Shoe Corporation, but he remained the president up to 1987, and then he was replaced by Bannus Hudson. It is the brand that people wanted if they need their custom glasses delivered in just one hour.
They introduced FeatherWates in 1988, a brand of eyeglass lenses that is more durable, lighter, and thinner than the usual plastic lenses found in the market. The other innovations the company introduced include:
- AccuFit Measuring System and AccuFit Calipers that help their customers choose frames that best fit their faces.
- Duralens, which is two times more resistant to scratch as compared with the standard plastic lenses, and is lighter than glass.
- RxSUN was launched in 1995 to show the customers that fashionable sunglasses and prescription can work together.
LensCrafters, together with Pearle Vision and Sunglass Hut International, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Luxottica, an Italian company that’s also the world’s biggest eyewear company. The former’s headquarters is in Mason, Ohio, and they have more than 850 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Hong Kong.
It has been more than 30 years since they put up their first store, but the company continues to have dedication in providing excellent vision health services. They are unrelenting in revolutionizing and innovating the eye care industry. Their embrace of the technical aspect of the process allows their customers to focus on what’s important: To see clearly, and to look and feel good.
They support not only their customers, but also those who cannot afford vision care. Five years after they were established, the company has supported OneSight, an independent and non-profit organization that provides quality eyewear and eye care to underprivileged communities around the world.
The company sells different brands for men, women, and children, such as: Armani Exchange, AX, Bulgari, Carolee, Carolee Lux, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Elizabeth Arden, Essential Eyewear, Liberty, Maui Jim, Miu Miu, Persol, Polo Ralph Lauren, Prada, Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Ray-Ban Jr, Sun Gear, Third Culture, Tiffany, Tory Burch, Versace, Vogue, Giorgio Armani, Brooks Brothers, Bulgari, and more.
Choosing the perfect eyewear for yourself is easy if you go to the company’s website. Aside from picking the frame based on your gender, they will help you with your choice based on the following:
- Price range – Under $150, $150 to $250, $250 to $350, $350 to $450, and above $450.
- Your face shape – Oval, round, square, or heart.
- Style – Rectangle, square, semi-rimless, pilot, pillow, round, geometric, oval, rimless, or cat eye.
- Material – Metal, plastic, or titanium.
- Color – Black, white/clear, gold, copper/bronze, silver/gun metal, tortoise, brown/tan, red/burgundy, blue, green, orange/yellow, or purple/pink.
- Fit – Standard, wide, petite.
- Department – Eyeglasses, sunglasses, sport.
Lenscrafters Eye Exam Cost Discounts & Savings
LensCrafters is committed in providing savings to their customers. They always have promotions and discounts available online and in their stores. As your vision is a precious investment, they promise to provide high-quality products, top service, and a price that’s agreeable to your budget. Some examples are:
- 50% off on lenses with frame purchase (with bifocals, no lines, prescription sunglasses).
- $25 bonus if you sign-up for myAccount. This can be used on top of the vision insurance and store offers.
- 40% off on additional pairs.
- 50% off on kids’ eyeglasses
- 20% off on lenses
They also have a list of insurance plans they accept, account options for flexible spending, and LensCrafters credit card.
The first step is to locate the nearest shop near you. Click this link so you can be directed to the store locator page. Enter your city or zip code in the field and click ‘Search Location.’ The list of outlets will be shown together with the map on the area. The store information includes the complete address and contact number.
Press the ‘Choose this location’ button, and you will be directed to the online appointment form. Enter your personal details, such as name, contact details, and date of birth. You can select the date and time for your exam. On the right side you can view valuable information such as insurance and fees, among others.
For more information about LensCrafters eye exam, visit their official website.