To be very honest, it’s the small details in our bodies that can really drive us nuts. For example, unwanted body hair isn’t exactly detrimental to one’s health but many of us still take great pains to remove them. Having yellowish teeth is all natural and can even be a sign of its strength but most folks still make an effort to whiten them. Nowadays, it’s the eyes that a lot of people are bothered with.
More and more folks want their eyes whiter and brighter. This desire isn’t something that will surprise many since bright white eyes are a sign of good health. However, there are also other reasons why some folks don’t have sparkling white eyes, so there’s a demand for a remedy.
If you’re interested in eye whitening, there’s a few things that you should know about it. Allow us to give you a quick lowdown on this matter:
There are many reasons why your eyes aren’t as white or bright as you want them to be. Some of them can be very specific diseases.
The white of your eyes might not be as bright or white as you want them to be for many reasons. Dryness, tiredness, and irritation are some of the most common causes for making your eyes look dull and dark but serious liver diseases can be the reason behind it, too.
Getting cleared by your doctor before taking other steps to whiten your eyeballs might be ideal. This way, you can be sure that your efforts will yield good results.
You can whiten your eyes through a good diet and select makeup techniques.
There are lots of ways how you can make the white of your eyes look bright and clear without using any chemicals or undergoing any kind of procedure for it. Some might even help you become healthier, so they’re definitely worth a try. Here are some of the best examples that you should keep in mind:
- Stay hydrated so your eyes will not get dry.
- Avoid dry air if you can.
- Take 20-second breaks for your eyes every 20 minutes if you spend most of the day in front of a screen. This will help your eyes rest every now and then and avoid straining them too much.
- Load up on vitamins C, A, E, and B complex, omega 3 fatty acids, lutein, and zeaxanthin. These contribute with better eye health.
- Protect your eyes from UV rays.
- Get ample and high-quality sleep. Your eyes will need a lot of rest and sleep is the best way to achieve that.
- Brighten your under eye area either with makeup or skin care. The darkness in your periocular area will reflect badly on your eyes.
- Open up your eyes using makeup. Lifting your lashes and lining your eyes properly will help emphasize the contrast between your bright, white eyes and the dark color of the lashes. This detail can change your look entirely.
- Avoid irritants.
Eye whiteners are available and many of them can be safe to use.
One of the easiest ways to brighten one’s eyes is through eye whitening drops. There are quite a number of FDA approved and clinically proven to be effective products for eye whitening so stick with them. Some formulations can be toxic, so avoid them.
Experts recommend avoiding eye drops that promise clearing out redness. Doing so might cause health issues later on.
Eye whitening isn’t permanent.
The thing with eye whitening, however, is that the results you’ll get from using drops wouldn’t be permanent. The causes of your issue can flare up again after a while so you might need to continuously use the whitening techniques you’re using.
If you have chosen to use drops, however, be particular about the ingredients and the possible side effects of their long-term use. While they’re generally safe to use, especially the ones approved by FDA, their ingredients can still have a certain effect on your body, so you have to be careful.
Great caution should be exercised when whitening your eyes.
The eyes are some of the most delicate body parts so treating it very carefully is always essential. If you’re still not sure whether to go for it or not, you can ask your doctor or seek the opinion of the eye experts at Pearle Vision or Lenscrafters to get some ideas.
The Safety of Eye Whitening
Experts say that whitening your eyes is generally safe, given that you’ll use the right products. So if you’re interested to do it but want to make absolutely certain about your safety, fret not. Just exercise ample caution in choosing the right eye drops and you can make your eyes brighter and whiter in no time.